Sunday, January 15, 2012

What the smart guys know

Yesterday on Google+ I said that the Patriots would cream the Broncos and they did. I said that while Tebow's run was as impressive as it was unlikely, the Pats are a money team and Bellichek and Brady would beat the by between 30 and 50 points. 

And I was delighted to be right.

However, a week ago, I watched as Drew Brees made decisions and threw passes that the great Joe Montana could dream about. Yesterday, I watched Brees orchestrate a go-ahead TD with just under a couple of minutes to go and I thought how only an idiot would ever count this guy out. Then I watched as the 49ers went ahead with mere seconds left.

No one, certainly I'm not, is saying that only an idiot would count Alex Smith out. But there it is. The 49ers are for real and man can't see the future.

Last week the Federal Reserve released the transcripts of the Fed governors saying that though the housing market may be overheated and there were certain risks in tying mortgages to the markets, everything was rosy - any landing would be soft.

Smart people look things up and down. They study it. They are sincerely interested and there is always always always the thing you haven't thought of, like a tight end who didn't buy into Drew Brees' invincibility.

I'm reading The Management Myth by Matthew Stewart and Warrior Politics by Robert Kaplan. They are reminders, like watching football, that nobody knows anything.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment